PAACO SWINE WELFARE AUDITOR TRAINING
Audits and assessments are important because they promote the integrity of the livestock industry and improve animal welfare. They can be a tool to communicate about animal care to consumers.
They are commonly used in two ways:
- As a management tool. Producers can self-assess to monitor conditions and make improvements on their farm.
- As part of the supply chain process. Retailers, processors, or specialty product labels use audits and assessments to ensure a given level of animal care on the farm. In these cases, an independent, trained third-party auditor often performs the audit or assessment.
The purpose of this website is to help you learn how to formally measure factors associated with swine health, management, and facilities. This site is part of the Professional Animal Auditor Certification Organization (PAACO) On-Farm Swine Welfare Auditor Training, but can also be used as a stand-alone resource.
How to Use this Site
- The Common Swine Industry Audit by the National Pork Board
- The Validus Animal Welfare Review Program for Swine
- FACTA Humane Certified - Animal Welfare Audit Program for Swine
The site works best if you use Chrome as the browser and high-speed internet.